Friday, September 21, 2012

A Day In The Life

Do you ever take a second to write down everything you do in a day?
I have to write an agenda for each day, or I will neglect half of the things that need to be done.

I was thinking yesterday that I should compile these lists and my journal entries and make some sort of book to leave for my children so that they can see what I went through to ensure that they lived the "good life". 


Then I thought of another use for the list... when my husband gets home from work, to a stressed out wife and asks, "so, what did you do today?" I can simply hand him the list. 

Does anyone else ever think like this? Am I being totally lame??? 

I may be, but here goes...

6:30am - alarm sounds, hit snooze
6:40am - get out of bed
             - wake my husband (who has somehow slept thru 2 alarms)
             - wake my 2 boys, by singing "good morning, good morning, the bird says good morning."
             - get out their clothes
             - make breakfast for everyone, but me
             - pack lunches
             - load backpacks
             - brush my boys' hair
7:20am - run to the car
             - check my morning emails while sitting in traffic
             - instruct the boys on how to have a great day at school
             - say a morning prayer as I am pulling up to their school
7:55am - run my boys to their classes
8:00am - volunteer in my sons class as Math helper
8:55am - head back home
9:10am - shove a Luna bar down my throat
9:15am - Zumba time at the gym
10:15am - Core Strengthening time at the gym
11:00am - back home again, walk the property
11:15am - property manager duties aka clean the pool, water the garden, pick up garbage
11:45am - answer emails
12 noon - submit all maintenance requests for the property
12:30pm - time to sew


2:00pm - leave to get my boys, realize I am starving
2:30pm - pick up my boys, ask about their days
3:00pm - homework time, for all of us. I study for my midterm while they study spelling words.
4:30pm - fix dinner
5:00pm - take the boys to their soccer games, play soccer mom, cheer and yell all the right things


6:00pm - pick up the hubby at the BART
6:15pm - dinner time as a family
6:30pm - bathe the boys
6:40pm - I leave for college
6:59pm - the boys are in bed, I call to say goodnight and give over-the-phone-kisses
7:00pm - my class starts
9:50pm - my class ends
10:15pm - home again, time to do the dinner dishes, talk to the hubs about his day, watch a little Housewives, do a little hand-stitching
12 midnight - bedtime... goodnight!

This is a day without any errands! What about grocery shopping, piano practices, therapy, or scouts?
Holy moly! 
Just going over all of that was so exhausting, I think I may need to pencil in a nap!

No comments: