Thursday, September 20, 2012

All My Eggs

So, recently I have been trying to figure out which holiday shows to do. There are so many! From the craft shows at my kids schools to indie holiday markets in San Francisco, and everything in between. 

I have done all types of shows and love them all. They give me a chance to meet my customers, get feedback on what I am doing, and mingle with other artists (which is totally inspirational). 

Anyway, I finally decided that I would put all of my eggs in one basket and focus solely on one big show. The biggest indie holiday show in the city. 

So what is this magical show you ask? BAZAAR BIZARRE

Bazaar Bizarre began in 2001 in the Boston-area as an offbeat entertainment extravaganza to showcase the DIY movement and handmade goods. Bazaar Bizarre has spread across the nation to cities such as Los Angeles, Cleveland, Maker Faire Bay Area and Austin. Bazaar Bizarre San Francisco is a Handmade market, Indie entertainment extravaganza and D.I.Y. Festival all under one roof!

But then I ran into a challenge...

Bazaar Bizarre San Francisco will feature over 100 carefully juried artists and designers from across the country. Shoppers can expect to find the crème de la crème of indie goods.


Creme de la creme? Eeeeeek! 
I wasn't sure if I would get chosen. Hundreds of fabulous artists apply, and only 150 are chosen. So, I focused all of my attention, good thoughts and energy towards Bazaar Bizarre...
And guess what!??!!!?
I got an email last night as my tired head was about to hit my pillow...

Dear Applicant,

We are happy to tell you that you have been accepted into the Bazaar Bizarre! We received hundreds of applications for this event and only had 150 spaces to fill. You were carefully picked by our guest judge panel to ensure a high quality handmade show!

Congratulations again,
Bazaar Bizarre San Francisco


here are some fun photos from shows in the past

*birth and baby fair

*renegade

*handmade ho-down

*indie mart

*handmade hoedown (me and my boothie) 

*pink parlour festival

*pink parlour festival (and funny faces)

WOOOO HOOOO! I'd better get all of your orders stitched up and then get stitching for the show!!! 

No comments: